30.6.12

Game of Thrones and Fashion!

I have this great friend Billie who does fun stuff like dream up what designers/collections characters from Game of Thrones would wear. I reckon she got Cersei in Alexander Mcqueen A/W'10 and Daenerys (or Khaleesi for you t.v. watchers) in Rodarte S/S'10 down to a tee. So of course I had to make use of my most excellent photoshop skills and turn this into a visual reality.

So let's start with the matriarchs. Catelyn is super classy and smart so, duh, Dries van Noten for her. And although she is a Tully she's a woman of the north too, so I could definitely see her in furs. Cersei speaks for herself, although I don't think she'd wear that head thing.



Daenerys and Melisandre are another pair of strong, self-posessed women. That's what is so great about Game of Thrones, finally we have fantasy with fully developed female characters! Billie could see Daenerys in tribal-y Rodarte and so can I. Melisandre is a perfect fit for gothic Givenchy IMO.



And finally a couple of the younger ladies. Sansa is sweet and sweet = Louis Vuitton S/S12. The similarity in this image to Angela Anaconda is purely coincidental. And I was pretty pleased with this last one (not with the photoshop! The matching) because Ygritte lives in the cold so has to wear fur all the time, but she is also pretty saucy and so this Michael Kors is pefect.



I tried to find something for Arya, I really did, but I just don't think she'd wear anything that came down a runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment