29.6.13

On the Beach

The clothes in Marc Jacobs Resort could be good or bad, I'm not sure, because the photographs are just so darned entrancing. The models are airbrushed like white dolls and their passive, reclining poses make me think of that Prada campaign. It is also so strange to see Marc Jacobs images that aren't shot by Juergen Teller. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was nagging me about these photos - and what has been nagging me about all MJs resort images - but then it came to me: "no Jeurgen!". It feels like an alternate universe Marc Jacobs, with slightly more odd and slightly less funny.


Ever a genius with colour, Marc's outdone himself this time. I can't believe I've lived this long without being introduced to the wonders of golden syrup and brown, black and carob, and pastel yellow and purple. And since we're on the topic, OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED for Luella's return to design. And at Marc by Marc! It's perfect! She'll be fun and quirky and whatnot, hopefully not creatively crushed by working under a label not her own. Oooh next post will be a Luella tribute, since I didn't have the opportunity to do one when her label closed since this blog didn't exist then. 

And how could I forget? Here is the legendary-amongst-campaign-enthusiasts Prada Spring 2001 campaign. For some reason it is v. hard to find good images from this campaign online, these scanned ones are the best I can do.


Resort images from vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment